Time is getting away from me. I missed posting a 7 month post about Emma and now all of a sudden she is 8 months old. Emma was with my parents this past week because Emma's caretaker was on vacation. My mom reluctantly offered to keep her. Michael and I were totally bored while we were home. We did not know what to do with our time. The house was way too quiet and calm. Don't get me wrong it was nice to relax and not have to work around Emma's schedule, but man we missed her a lot. It is hard to believe she is 8 months old. She seems to grow overnight. It is so much fun to watch her interact with her world. She is a great eater for the most part. I have not found a food she does not like except for peaches. She was not too fond of those. She does okay with veggies but usually after the second bite she refuses to eat anymore. Michael and I have started putting a little bit on the spoon then covering it in a fruit. Emma is not a great napper. Somedays she takes great naps then other days it is all I can do to get her to stay down for a nap. I put her down at the same time, let her cry, soothe her, etc but she just does not want to nap. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!!! She sleeps well at night. She is the most sporadic sleeper though. She wakes up at different times every morning. Somedays it is as early as 6:20 then a couple of times it has been as late as 9:00. She is not crawling and does not seem to be making too many strides in that direction. She is lazy like her daddy. I have even tried putting a toy she is interested in out of her reach. She will try reaching for it a few times but then decides the carpet is a lot more interesting. So she proceeds to play with the carpet or the floor and pick the dirt up. She is sitting up well, appears to be waving, smiles for the camera, passes toys from one hand to the other, and has just recently discovered the uh-oh game. She, like most babies, loves that game. She even played it with my mom's palm pilot and that did not go over too well for the palm pilot. She also has 4 teeth now and loves to grind them together. It is enought to drive one crazy. Enough jibber-jabber, here are a few pics from this past month.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
8 Months Old
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Surely you say "reluctantly" in jest!!
Liz,Emma is such a little beauty!!!I can't believe that she is already 8 months.Take care.
She is so beautiful!! love checking in with the blog!
Post a Comment