Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Half a Year Old


I am a little behind with this post. Not sure where all my time goes. It is hard to believe Emma is half a year old. She is growing up too fast.
She is eating solid foods now. I have not found a food she does not like. Her first impression of solid foods was hilarious. She would gag and spit it out. Now she might give us a funny look but she will eat what we give her.
She is sitting up great and enjoys playing with her nesting cups and rings. I have caught her a few times lunging for toys which leaves her sprawled out on the floor. I keep telling myself that will help her learn to crawl. I even gave in and bought her a basketball net so she and Michael could practice together. It cheers for her when she pulls the net down. Supposedly that is to help build her self-confidence.
She is sleeping well at night but her naps are still sporadic. For the most part we have a napping schedule, but some days she is totally off for her napping. That is probably my fault since I have been taking her to playgroups.
Most days we sit outside waiting on Michael to get home from work. She loves to be outside. If she is fussy, she will calm down the minute we step outside.
Michael and I enjoy watching her grow and discover her world. It is great to see what excites her!!!

No comments: